THE GREAT LAKES TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
The report presents the data for creating a Great Lakes- St. Lawrence seaway transportation system. The factors which affect this transportation system are examined carefully. Background history of the area, technology, theory, time, energy resources, productive services, and administrative organization are all discussed in outline form to indicate all the elements involved, and to present a tentative plan, should such a project be approved.
- Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 75-42825.
University of Wisconsin, MadisonSea Grant Program
Madison, WI USA 53706
- Schenker, E
- Mayer, H M
- Brockel, H C
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; International trade
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Inland waterways transportation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00139909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 230 Tech. Rpt., N0AA-76031607
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM