SEAWAY INFORMATION SYSTEM MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL REQUIREMENTS
This report examines in detail the control and information system requirements of the St. Lawrence Seaway development program in terms of the needs of the vessel traffic controllers and the management users. Structural control models of Seaway operations are presented and used as a framework for the development of information utilization and vessel control concepts. Data files for the controller and management user models are given and analyzed in terms of inputs, format, display and control action. The requirements of the controller model provide the principal constraints to be met in the development of a Seaway traffic control and management information system.
- Prepared in cooperation with Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation, Washington, D.C.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Brayton, D E
- Reymond, R D
- Bashaw, P A
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver information systems; Inland water transportation; Vessel traffic control
- Geographic Terms: Saint Lawrence Seaway
- Old TRIS Terms: Inland waterways transportation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00139895
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-SLS-73-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM