HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK SUSPENSIONS
Truck suspensions for heavy-duty trucks perform complex and conflicting functions and have been the subject of much development. This paper provides information on many types of suspensions presently in use and indicates those applications for which the particular types of suspensions in use are best suited. While primary emphasis is placed on leaf spring suspensions, data are also provided on other types of suspension such as rubber, air, torsion bar, and solid mount suspensions which are in current use.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Sternberg, E R
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Heavy vehicles; Leaf springs; Research; Suspensions; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00139859
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760369, SAE SP-402
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM