RESPONSE TO THE UNEP QUESTIONNAIRE ON MOTOR VEHICLES AND THE ENVIRONMENT
The responses are presented of the Motor Vehicle Manufacturer's Association of the U.S. and five companies from its membership (American Motors Corporation, Chrysler Corportion, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Corporation and International Harvester Corporation) to a questionnaire survey. The introductory questions related to problems with international implications, the social cost of automobiles, evaluation of the advantages of motorization, technical legislation, international exchange of information, urbanization policies, and coordination at the national level of town planning and transport studies. The replies are also presented to questions relating to nuisance (air pollution, water pollution, pollution by motor vehicle manufacturing plants, noise, traffic accidents) the environment and working conditions in the automobile industry, management of natural resources, and the city.
- Prepared for the UNEP Motor Vehicle Seminar, October 4-6, 1976.
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI United States 48202
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobile industry; Automobiles; City planning; Costs; Environment; Impact studies; Information dissemination; Laws; Manufacturing; Motor vehicles; Natural resources; Noise; Questionnaires; Research; Socioeconomic factors; Technology transfer; Traffic crashes; Transportation; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00139840
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM