URBAN TRANSPORTATION TECHNOLOGY
This book which is intended to meet the need for an up-to-date text on urban transportation technology, provides both rule of thumb performance capabilities for automobile, bus, rail, and new system technology, and some general engineering approaches suitable for estimating the performance of or for performing feasibility studies and parametric tradeoff analyses for any type of transit system. The first part of the book deals with general systems engineering concepts and includes topics such as headway and capacity relationships, typical performance levels for different transportation systems, station design, energy, and environmental impacts. The second half of the book which emphasizes the technology of the vehicle, includes topics such as propulsion, braking, ride quality, and steering and switching concepts. The text includes several graphical figures.
Heath (DC) and CompanyLexington Books, 125 Spring Street
Lexington, MA United States 02173
- McGean, T
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Braking; Bus transportation; Energy; Environmental impacts; Feasibility analysis; Headways; Mohr circles; Performance; Propulsion; Railroad stations; Railroad transportation; Steering; Systems engineering; Technology; Urban transportation; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00139824
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM