TENTATIVE DESIGN PROCEDURE FOR RIPRAP-LINE CHANNELS--FIELD EVALUATION
This report is a supplement to NCHRP Report 108, "Tentative Design Procedure for Riprap-Lined Channels," which describes procedures for designing such channels and proportioning the riprap so as to minimize erosion. The field evaluation involved the design of five channels in accordance with the Report 108 procedures and collection of information on construction of four of the channels. Two of the channels have been subjected to discharges approaching the design discharges and appear stable. although the data and evaluation effort is limited, it appears that drainage channels designed according to the proposed procedures will convey design discharges without significant erosion.
Saint Anthony Falls Hydraulic LaboratoryUniversity of Minnesota, Mississippi River at Third Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN United States 55414
- Anderson, A G
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Channel linings; Design methods; Erosion control; Riprap; Surface drainage
- Old TRIS Terms: Discharge; Highway drainage
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00139711
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Project Report 146 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HR15-2 FY'66
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM