NORTHWEST INDIANA MAJOR BRIDGE SURVEY
The Northwest Indiana Major Bridge Survey was conducted in March 1975. It inventoried the five hundred eighteen (518) bridge structures which were on the base highway network of Lake and Porter Counties, Indiana. The data contained in this report includes the following: (1) a general printout listing all data recorded for each bridge; (2) all bridges classified by location, i.e. county and township; (3) all structures classified by ownership, i.e. state, county, municipal, and/or Toll Road; (4) a tabulation of one-lane bridges of insufficient width; (5) a list of bridge structures of which improvements should be made; and (6) a series of tabulations denoting the service life expectancy of the structure.
- Financed in part through planning funds from FHWA, in cooperation with the Indiana State Highway Commission.
Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission8149 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN United States 46322
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Classification; Data collection; Improvements; Service life; Structures; Surveys
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00139708
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM