A GUIDE FOR THE NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING OF NON-BUTT WELDS IN COMMERCIAL SHIPS - PART TWO
This report is in two parts: Part 1 is the guide for the nondestructive testing of non-butt welds in commercial ships. Part 2 documents the technical considerations involved in preparing that guide. Procedures are presented for performing visual inspection, magnetic particle testing, radiography, ultrasonics, and penetrant testing on steel welds in the thickness range of 1/2" to 2-1/2". The basic weld joints considered are the corner joint, the Tee, "X", and the lap joint. A discussion is presented for each of the inspection methods whereby weld quality may be controlled in a meaningful way when there is a need to do so.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/NAVSHIP000141
Naval Surface Weapons CenterSilver Spring, MD USA
- Youshaw, R A
- Criscuolo, E L
- Publication Date: 1974-12-31
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Quality control; Radiography; Ultrasonic tests; Welding; Welds
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Old TRIS Terms: Weld inspection; Welding quality control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00139681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- ISBN: NAVSHIP #00-014 1
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-254 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM