A SENSITIVITY ANALYSIS OF CONTINUOUSLY REINFORCED CONCRETE PAVEMENT MODEL CRCP-1 FOR HIGHWAYS
The continuously reinforced concrete pavement model-1, designated as CRCP-1 is a mathematical model derived from field observations and laboratory observations that may be used as a design and research tool by the Highway Engineer. Th e theoretical model is formulated into a computer pgoram which analyzes the behavior of continuously reinforced concrete pavements due to drying shrinkage and changes in temperature as a function of time. The program uses 15 different kinds of inputs in the broad categories of steel properties, concrete properties, slab-base frictional relationships, and temperature data. This report describes a sensitivity analysis performed to determine the relative effects of various design parameters in pavement behavior. In addition, an effort was also made to debug the computer program to find the problem areas and list the common user errors. It is concluded that CRCP-1 gives generally reasonable solutions although several revisions should be made in the future. The design variables are sensitive to various degrees with respect to crack spacing, crack width, maximum stress in the steel, and maximum stress in the concrete. The analysis indicates that percentage of longitudinal reinforcement and concrete strength are the most important design variables.
- Sponsored by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation. Conducted in cooperation with DOT, and FHWA.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Highway Research, 200 West 21st Street
Austin, TX United States 78712
- Chiang, C
- McCullough, B F
- Hudson, W R
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Continuously reinforced concrete pavements; Design; Longitudinal reinforcement; Mathematical models; Pavement performance; Sensitivity; Shrinkage; Strength of materials; Temperature
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00139677
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CFHR 3-8-75-177-2 Intrm Rpt., FCP 45D2-424
- Contract Numbers: 3-8-75-177
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM