ANALYSIS OF NINE YEARS OF RAILROAD ACCIDENT DATA 1966-1974
This report presents an analysis of Train Accident and Train Service Accident data for the years 1966 through 1974. The analysis was designed to identify the effects of such factors as inflation, reporting thresholds, changes in railroad traffic and bankrupt carriers on the trends of accident statistics. Accident cause categories were then ranked year by year based on an index which took account of both the frequency or number of accidents in each cause category and the severity of the accidents in that category.
- Direct requests to the Office of Director, AAR.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Shulman, A E
- Taylor, C E
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Bankruptcy; Crash data; Crash records; Crash reports; Crash risk forecasting; Crashes; Deterioration; Railroad tracks; Risk assessment; Safety; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Old TRIS Terms: Track deterioration
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00139539
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. R-223 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM