FEDERAL ENERGY ADMINISTRATION PROJECT INDEPENDENCE BLUEPRINT TASK FORCE REPORT: AN HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE
This report was developed to serve as the background for the studies carried out as part of Project Independence. The report traces the history of the various major energy sources, concentrating on the period from the end of World War II to the eve of the Arab oil embargo. The reserves, consumption, technology, economics and government policy toward oil, coal, natural gas, nuclear energy, electric power, and energy sources are examined. The first two sections of the report, Historical Perspective of World Energy, and U.S. Energy Perspective, deal with major trends and events influencing all energy sources. Special emphasis is given to the government policies which shaped the development of energy production and consumption.
Federal Energy Administration12th and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20461
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Energy resources; Fuels; Policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Energy; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00139522
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM