MODELS FOR COMBUSTION AND FORMATION OF NITRIC OXIDE AND SOOT IN DIRECT INJECTION DIESEL ENGINES
A mathematical model for predicting heat release rate and emission concentration in diesel engines was developed. In the model, emphasis was placed on the detailed physical processes in the combustion chamber and in employing a minimum of necessary approximations. The ability of the model to predict realistic correlations between engine design and performance parameter was demonstrated. The model is regarded as a potentially useful tool for evaluating approaches for control of exhaust emission.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- HIROYASU, H
- Hadota, T
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Mathematical models; Smoke
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00139509
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 760129 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM