MANUAL OF CAR UTILIZATION PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
Task 1 of the AAR Car Utilization Research and Demonstration Program includes an analysis of current practices and problems in freight car usage. The Manual is published for use by all railroads, users of rail transportation and others involved in rail transport. The manual is decision-oriented, containing examples of forms and reports actually in use. The interface between car utilization and other phases or rail management is defined. The manual is divided into nine sections in three parts: Management of Car Utilization; Control of the Car Fleet and Supporting Functions. Bibliographic information appears at the ends of appropriate chapters and a general bibliography is presented in the appendix.
- A joint Industry-Government Program-AAR-FRA.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001-1564
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 285 p.
- TRT Terms: Car distribution (Railroads); Car service rules; Car utilization (Railroads); Industry structure; Management; Management information systems; Productivity; Reliability; Utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Management methods; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00139443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. R-234
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1977 12:00AM