THE ARCTIC ENVIRONMENT AND THE ARCTIC SURFACE EFFECT VEHICLE
This report summarizes the advances in understanding of the Arctic which have come about since the inception of the ARPA Arctic Surface Effect Vehicle Program in 1970, primarily as the result of CRREL's participation. Major efforts to increase knowledge of sea ice, terrestrial, and coastal topographic features are described. Special emphasis is placed upon the quantitative understanding of pressure ridging. Other areas of major interest are atmospheric characteristics and ecological effects. A list of publications generated is included. /Author/
- Also available as Chapter 2 of the Arctic Surface Effect Vehicle Program Technology Summary Documents, Volume 2.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Sterrett, K F
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Frigid regions; Surface effect ships
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic environment; Ice ridges; Pressure ridge characteristics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00139434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARPA Order-1615 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM