PRELIMINARY PROJECTIONS OF OIL SPILL MOVEMENT FOR THREE POTENTIAL DEEPWATER PORT SITES IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Projections of the movement of oil slicks and their impact location along the shorelines of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida were determined from three potential deepwater port sites. Average monthly wind speeds and directions and average monthly current patterns were used for predicting the oil slick movement. Seasonal patterns of oil slick drift and probable areas of impact along the shoreline were indicated. /Author/
- Errata Sheet inserted.
United States Coast GuardResearch and Development Center, 1082 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT United States 06340-6096
- Lissauer, I M
- Welsh, J P
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Harbors; Oil spills; Statistics; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor pollution; Oil spill behavior; Oil spill statistics; Oil spreading dynamics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00139421
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-19-76 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM