MATRIX OF ELECTRICAL AND FIRE HAZARD PROPERTIES AND CLASSIFICATIONS OF CHEMICALS
A detailed study of physical and flammability properties of vapors in order to assign classifications to chemicals of commerce according to the classification groups given in the National Electrical Code, Article 500. This matrix of electrical and fire hazard properties and classifications of chemicals was prepared for use by the Panel as an aid in the classification of each chemical. The Coast Guard requested that it be published so that a permanent record of the data, which had only been made available to the Panel, would be retained and could be enlarged on in the future. The MATRIX does not represent an exhaustive coverage of the literature, but it is believed that most reliable references were used in assembling the data.
- The U.S. Coast Guard Office of Research and Development's technical representative for the work performed herein was Dr. Michael C. Parnarouski. Prepared by the Electrical Hazards Panel.
National Academy of Engineering2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
@ashington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Classification; Electrical equipment; Fires; Hazardous chemicals; Hazards
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical cargo; Electrical equipment hazard; Fire hazard classification; Hazardous chemicals classification
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00139395
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-82-76 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-41,680-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM