BACKGROUND PAPERS ON SEA FLOOR ENGINEERING
These 17 papers were prepared as source documents for use at meetings and conferences in connection with a study of current capabilities and national needs in seafloor engineering. The authors are members of the committee or invited scientists and engineers with recognized competence in matters related to seafloor engineering. The major objectives of the committee are to: Evaluate current capabilities and national needs in seafloor engineering and related activities; Identify engineering research needed to advance the state-of-the-art on the seafloor; and Recommend procedures for government, industry, and university cooperation to facilitate the implementation of specific research programs. A report of the findings and conclusions of the committee is in preparation and will be published separately. This compilation of background papers consists of Vol. 1 - "National Needs in Seafloor Engineering" and Vol. 2 "State-of-the-Art in Seafloor Engineering."
- Prepared for the Committee on Seafloor Engineering Marine Board, Assembly of Engineering National Research Council.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 602 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Geotechnical engineering; Mooring; Moorings; Ocean bottom; Ocean engineering; Offshore moorings; Offshore structures; Pipelines; State of the art; Underwater pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction; Seafloor engineering
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00139388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Academy of Sciences
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM