ECONOMIC MODEL OF CARGO LOSS - A METHOD FOR EVALUATING CARGO LOSS REDUCTION PROGRAMS
The study demonstrates that it is feasible to define the cost of cargo loss in sufficient detail to identify problems, measure the effectiveness of cargo loss reduction programs, and compare the cost of implementing such programs against the cost advantages which might be realized. The cost model developed defines cost factors and their interrelationships based on existing source data from freight claim documentation from shippers and carriers.
Department of JusticeNational Criminal Justice Reference Service
Washington, DC United States 20531
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Freight security; Theft
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00139381
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Justice
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT P 5200.3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM