ELASTO-PLASTIC STRESS ANALYSIS OF DISCS (THE FIRST REPORT: IN STEADY STATE OF THERMAL AND CENTRIFUGAL LOADINGS)
A new and simple analytical procedure, and its results of elasto-plastic stresses in rotating flat disks subjected to a non-uniformal thermal loading, which is represented by the Laplace equation, is presented. Using a digital computer, the growth of the plastic region in the disks under thermal and centrifugal loadings is obtained. This method can be applied to the case of arbitrary thermal loadings in the steady state and to the case without centrifugal loading.
Ship Research Institute, Tokyo38-1, 6-chome, Shinkawa, Mitaka-shi
- Amada, S
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Centrifugal force; Thermal stresses; Yield stress
- Uncontrolled Terms: Elastic stress
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00033685
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt 36
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 28 1972 12:00AM