PHYSICAL SECURITY GUIDELINES FOR THE PREVENTION OF LOSS AND THEFT OF CARGO IN THE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM, DRAFT FOR COORDINATION
The various hazards to which cargo is exposed - sabotage, arson, pilferage, theft, and organized crime - are described and methods for dealing with such hazards are suggested. There are detailed chapters on the different forms of physical protection, identification and movement control, and guard and alarm systems. A sample physical security checklist is included. For completed handbook see NCJ-010059, Guidelines for the Physical Security of Cargo.
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 237 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight security; Prevention; Security; Theft
- Old TRIS Terms: Pilferage prevention
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00139375
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Justice
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM