SYMPOSIUM ON TRANSPORTATION ISSUES
Six papers and seven panel reports as well as the introductory remarks and panel discussions are published which were presented at the conference which was designed to identify the major pressures for change in the present system and develop and relate the resulting issues so as to support an integrated approach to transportation planning and action. The conference also aimed at identifying current problems in the various transportation modes and outlining specific actions for their resolution, as well as examining long-term needs and trends. The discussions focussed on issues that have the greatest impact on national policy: regulatory structure; federal aid, primairly with respect to levels and allocation formulas; the economic health of the transportation industry; institutional problems with respect to coordinated services and intermodal integration; energy, environmental, and safety factors; long-term research and development needs. The 6 papers covered the following topics: congress and transportation; urban transportation; intercity rail transportation; motor carrier transportation; air transportation; and Department of Transportation policy. The panel discussions covered transportation regulation, urban transportation, air transportation, transportation R & D policy, intercity ground transportation, and automobile issues.
- Conference held in McLean, Virginia, 17-19 September 1975.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 195 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Automobiles; Conferences; Development; Economics; Energy; Environmental impacts; Federal aid; Motor carriers; Railroad transportation; Regulation; Research; Resource allocation; Safety; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00139351
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: M76-14
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM