JUNKYARDS AND SOLID WASTE DISPOSAL IN THE HIGHWAY ENVIRONMENT
Formal papers and discussions are published which were presented at the seminar which was designed to meet the need for exchange of information between government and the private sector on the problem of jukyards and waste dispasal. The recyclabe aspects of junkyards, are covered, and an overview is presented of scrap metal supply and demand. Papers are also presented on resource recovery programs and private industry, environmental aspects, and the coordination of state programs in solid waste management. The workshops on applying innovative ideas to the problems of disposal, covered aspects such as design and screening of salvage, wrecking and dumping facilities, community planning for locating salvage and disposal sites, collecting and disposing of abandoned automobilies, and organizing community programs. The market value of roadside beauty is also discussed.
- Proceedings of National Seminar held in Silver Spring, Maryland, 10-11 June 1975.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 234 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Beautification; City planning; Environmental impacts; Governments; Highways; Junkyards; Metals; Private enterprise; Recycling; Salvage; Scrap; Solid waste disposal; Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Abandoned cars; Highway beautification
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00139337
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM