SOIL AND ROCK COMPACTION
COMPACTAGE DES SOLS ET DES EMPIERREMENTS
Specification for compaction are divided into two groupings: those based on the method to be followed and those based on the results to be obtained. The countries mentioned in this report, the United States, England, Germany, Switzerland, France and Belgium have made use of a combination of these two fundamental types of specifications. The criteria most currently used for the control of compaction are based on the value of the "Normal Proctor" density (ratio of the obtained dry density to the maximum dry density, N obtained from a "Normal Proctor" test) or, on the results of a plate bearing test. British specifications for compaction control are reviewed and the adoption of such specifications in Belgium are examined.
Road Research Centre, BelgiumAvenue d'Auderghem 49
- Moraux, C
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Compaction; Earthwork; Embankments; Foundations; Plate bearing test; Soil compaction; Specifications; Subbase materials
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00139320
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 169/CM Res. Rept.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM