METHODS FOR COMPUTING FLUID LOADING AND THE VIBRATORY RESPONSE OF FLUID-LOADED FINITE RECTANGULAR PLATES SUBJECT TO TURBULENCE EXCITATION-OPTION 3
Various methods are presented for computing heavy or light fluid loading (i.e., added mass) of thin finite rectangular plates. Based on the results, preferred methods of computation are recommended. These methods and a corresponding computer program--Option 3--are of particular value in extending previously formulated digital computer programs for obtaining the vibroacoustic response to turbulence excitation of a plate. Computer results are given for a particular case which includes the effect of fluid loading on the vibratory response of a plate subject to turbulence excitation.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- Leibowitz, R C
- Publication Date: 1971-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric pressure; Boundary layer; Flow; Fluid dynamics; Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow induced vibration; Fluid loading effects; Pressure fluctuations
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00033679
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Naval Ship Research and Development Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2976C
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 28 1973 12:00AM