PORT PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
The present report advises port authorities on the collection and the use of a set of performance indicators concerning both operational and financial aspects of port operation. The benefits associated with each indicator are discussed to aid in the selection of indicators for implementation. All indicators have been selected with a view to providing assistance to port management in medium-term planning and control. In Chapter I the reasons for using performance indicators are discussed. A set of performance indicators is proposed, and a discussion of how the indicators may be used to monitor performances is to be found in Chapter II. Chapter III deals with a method of collection and presentation of port indicators, while Chapter IV discusses the cost and benefits of such an exercise. Finally, the application of the indicators in a case-study port for a group of break-bulk general cargo berths is illustrated.
United NationsConference on Trade and Development, Palais des Nations, B-14 Avenue de al Paix
1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Port operations; Ports; Productivity; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ports); Port statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00139201
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United Nations
- Report/Paper Numbers: TD/B/C.4/131
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM