RADAR INSTRUCTION MANUAL
This third revised edition of the Maritime Administration's Radar Manual has been prepared for instructional aid and guidance for the seafarer who is preparing to either upgrade, recertify or sit for an original license. This updated manual incorporated the latest approved methods of radar collision avoidance plotting. The text has been prepared in layman's language to the extent possible with the intent being to convey to the student, whether in class or through self study, the correct use of radar as an instrument of safety. The latest in theory, operation, rapid radar plotting and minor equipment maintenance are used. The Manual is divided into nine Chapters covering: (1) A Short History of Radar; (2) The Legalites of Radar use; (3) General Characteristics and Operation of Radar; (4) Characteristics of Radar Propagation; (5) Plotting; (6) Transfer Plotting, using the Rapid Radar Plotting Technique; (7) Transfer Plotting Problems; (8) Direct Plotting; and (9) Radar Navigation. A bibliography and Glossary is included.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigation radar; Radar displays; Radar operators; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Radar plotting; Training courses (Radar observer)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138726
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM