SHIPBOARD GUIDE TO POLLUTION-FREE OPERATIONS
This Guide has been conceived and developed with the objective of assisting the practicing seafarer in an area that has become critical. The demand to control pollution of the seas has virtually become universal. The skilled Tankerman, as this Guide documents, is the ultimate antipollution weapon. The Guide is divided into ten Chapters covering: (1) The Marine Environment; (2) The Threat to the Environment; (3) Pollution Regulations; (4) The Ship as a Pollution Fighter; (5) Pollution Free Operation; (6) Pollution Controls and Countermeasures; (7) Crew Training; (8) Shipboard Antipollution Committee; (9) Incentives and Awards; and (10) The Vessel Antipollution Library.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Pollution control; Ship crews; Tankers; Training; Training programs; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Tanker pollution prevention; Training courses (Pollution prevention)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138725
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM