This correspondence course in mathematics is prepared and designed to help the student learn the basic mathematics necessary for a thorough understanding of the engineering principles upon which all shipboard equipment is based. The text is arranged in workbook fashion which provides a permanent record of the method of solution to problems. The course is divided into six separate sections which review: (1) addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers; (2) excercises in fractions, tolerance and limits and complex fractions; (3) the use of decimals and conversion of decimals to fractions; (4) percent and the efficieny of machines; (5) ratio and proportion, levers and hydraulic pistons; and (6) powers and roots.
NMU Upgrading and Retraining School346 West 17th Street
New York, NY USA 10011
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Education; Engineering; Mathematics; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Engineering education
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Mathematics courses; Training courses (Mathematics)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138717
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: NMU Upgrading and Retraining School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM