JUNIOR ENGINEER MANUAL
This manual is applicable to steam turbines and reciprocating engines and begins with a review of the duties of all unlicensed engine room personnel. The succeeding sections provide a detailed description of the oil burning installation, fire fighting equipment, steam theory and boiler construction, superheaters, economizers, reciprocating engines, lubrication, pumps, condensers, valves and deck machinery. A brief description of the hydraulic steering system, refrigeration plant and electrical generators is included. The final section consists of power plant definitions and the use of the micrometer.
NMU Upgrading and Retraining School346 West 17th Street
New York, NY USA 10011
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Engineering; Engineers; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Engineering education
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Training courses (Junior engineer); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138705
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: NMU Upgrading and Retraining School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM