CHART NAVIGATION AND AIDS TO NAVIGATION
The manual consists of 544 questions and answers on chart projections, symbols, aids to navigation, piloting, chart correction, use of the Notice to Mariners and National Ocean Survey publications. Included are various problems dealing with bow and beam bearings, radio bearings, visibility of objects, vertical angles, mercator sailing, mid-latitude sailing, speed/distance problems and the general use of radio aids, light lists, tide tables and Bowditch. The object is to familiarize the student with the various charts and publications available in solving the everyday work of the mate on watch at sea by providing practical examples of their use.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY USA 10004
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigation; Navigational aids; Pilotage; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Navigation)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00138694
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 21 1976 12:00AM