FIRST AND CHIEF ENGINEERS-TURBINES
The first 24 pages consist entirely of sketches and illustrations of various types of steam turbines and their components, such as blades, seals, packing, reduction gears, control valves and the governing system. The balance of the manual contains 90 questions with essay type answers dealing with turbine theory, maintenance, adjustments and operating procedures. The sketches in the first section help one to visualize and understand more clearly the explanations to the questions in the second section.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY United States 10004
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment maintenance; Ship crews; Steam turbines; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Steam turbine maintenance; Steam turbine operation; Training courses (Steam turbines)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138693
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM