The manual provides 103 questions and detailed, essay type answers applicable to conventional as well as Skinner Uniflow engines. The material deals with the full range of practical maintenance and operating problems as well as various emergency breakdown procedures that can be used by shipboard personnel to correct the trouble. Pictures, diagrams and sketches are used to illustrate various types of valves, bearings and the proper interpretation of indicator cards.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY United States 10004
- Antonecchia, G
- Publication Date: 1967
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Piston engines; Ship crews; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Reciprocating engines)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138690
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM