FUNDAMENTAL MATHEMATICS REFRESHER
This manual begins with definitions and arithmetic of whole numbers, transposition of formulas, followed by a list of conversion factors dealing with area, volume, weight, pressure, power/heat and density. A list of common abbreviations is included. Following this review material, a list of formulas is provided for solving problems on pressure/volume, pump output, horsepower, calculated ship speed and slip, as well as area and volume of common and complex shapes and figures. Formulas are also provided for solving electrical problems, stresses in cylindrical shells and a detailed explanation of reciprocating engine valve setting rules. Sample problems are provided throughout using clear, step by step procedures illustrating the proper use of the various formulas.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY United States 10004
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Mathematics; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Mathematics courses; Training courses (Mathematics)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138688
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM