The manual contains 553 questions and essay type answers dealing with practical seamanship concerning lifeboats and lifesaving equipment, marlinspike seamanship, ground tackle, painting, fire prevention, rigging of cargo hear, ship handling and general safety. The last part of the manual consists of sample math questions and answers about manila line and wire rope, mechanical advantage, safe working loads, breaking strain, mooring problems, time/speed/ distance problems and computing pressure of liquids in tanks.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY USA 10004
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Boating; Merchant seamen; Ship crews; Training
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138687
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM