GREAT CIRCLE SAILING
The booklet describes five separate methods for solving the Great Circle Sailing Problem. Rules and procedures are provided for using the following methods: H.O.71, H.O.120, H.O.214, Haversine Formula and Cugel's Two Minute Azimuths. Sketches of the navigational triangle and its relationship to the spherical triangle help to clarify the use of the azimuth tables in solving the Great Circle Sailing Problem. Work forms and 17 sample problems and answers are provided.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY USA 10004
- Ragonese, F E
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigation; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Navigation)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138683
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM