CARGO STOWAGE AND HANDLING
The manual provides 484 questions and answers dealing with cargo damage prevention, stowage of general cargo, tanker loading/discharging, ventilation and humidity control, refrigerated cargo, and safety precautions to be observed with regard to preparing the ship to load various cargos that require special handling or stowage. Many of the questions deal with the duties of a mate on watch while handling cargo, including the proper rigging of cargo handling gear. Diagrams are included of some typical cargo gear and its nomenclature as well as sample methods of chocking, slinging and securing cargo.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY United States 10004
- Van Wart, G G
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Ship crews; Stowage; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo stowage; Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Cargo)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 21 1976 12:00AM