The course is divided into seven chapters consisting of (1) Mathematics for the navigator - use of logarithms and trigonometry functions; (2) Mathematics for the navigator - speed, time and distance; (3) Compass corrections; (4) Bearings and piloting; (5) Vertical sextant angles; (6) The sailings; (7) Practical chart work. Recommended reading for this course is outlined for each chapter using Dutton's "Navigation and Piloting" and Bowditch's "American Practical Navigator".
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY United States 10004
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigation; Pilotage; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Navigation)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138677
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM