MARINER'S FIREFIGHTING MANUAL
A practical guide for masters, mates, marine engineers, all unlicensed shipboard personnel, shoreside shipping personnel, auxiliary fire corps, and a useful reference for professional firemem ashore and afloat. The guide is divided into five chapters covering (1) fundamentals of fire fighting (2) fire fighting equipment (3) fire extinguishing agents (4) fire fighting safety equipment and (5) rules and regulations. An addenda provides the general characteristics of various toxic and irritating gases followed by a very useful glossary of terms, sketches for firefighting equipment and a comprehensive index to the guide.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY United States 10004
- O'Hara, W J
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire fighting; Fire fighting equipment; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (General); Licensed personnel training; Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138672
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM