INTRODUCTION TO REFRIGERATION
The manual is divided into six chapters. (1) Explains the basic principles of heat and its measurement. (2) Provides definitions of the types of heat and how it causes physical changes in water. (3) The relationship between pressure, volume and temperature are explained and the various methods of heat transfer are discussed with regard to refrigeration. (4) Covers the vapor-compression refrigeration cycle and describes the various system components and in a step-by-step process a basic refrigeration system is constructed using easy to understand diagrams and explanations of the working relationship between the system components. (5) Describes the types and properties of the refrigerants in use today. (6) Provides a review of the various compressors including sketches and diagrams illustrating the differences in construction. Each chapter includes review questions to test the students understanding of the text.
Seamen's Church Institute of New York15 State Street
New York, NY USA 10004
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Engineering; Refrigeration; Ship crews; Specialized training; Training; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Engineering education
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138671
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM