ENGINEER, CHIEF AND ASSISTANT ENGINEER, AND OILER--LIMITED TO SERVICE IN THE MINERAL AND OIL INDUSTRY
This manual provides guidance in license preparation - to direct a student in what items to study and to concentrate upon to satisfy the requirements of a license. Required reading material is listed. The first part of the manual consists of 60 multiple choice Q & A concerning the duties of an oiler with regard to diesel maintenance, operation and general safety. The next section of the manual is applicable to Chief and Asst. Engineer and provides sample questions and problems dealing with compressors, lubrication, heat exchangers, propellers and shafting, instruments, pumps, steering gear, math, valves and inspection requirements, electricity, safety, and requirements for tankerman. The last section contains 45 pages of illustrations and pictures of various engine components and safety equipment.
Marine Education Associates, Incorporated802 West Main Street
Houma, LA USA 70360
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Ship crews; Training; Training programs; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Diesel maintenance; Diesel operation; Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Diesel); Training courses (Oiler)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138662
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Young Memorial Vocational Technical School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM