MARINE OPERATOR COURSE - BOOK 2 (REVISED EDITION B)
The materials in this course includes the information covered in the requirements for licensing of operators of vessels up to 100 gross tons operating on both the inland and offshore waters of the United States and will serve as good preparation for both the inland and ocean operators examinations. The study of this material will be valuable to those who have had some sea experience as well as to the person who has just begun the study of piloting and small boat handling. Chapter 10 covers variation and deviation, distance, speed and time, bearing problems and plotting problems (11) Rules of the road (12) Life saving and firefighting and (13) Seamanship. Numerous multiple choice Q&A are provided for review purpose in each chapter.
Marine Education Associates, Incorporated802 West Main Street
Houma, LA United States 70360
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 279 p.
- TRT Terms: Boating; Lifesaving; Navigation charts; Pilotage; Ship crews; Traffic regulations; Training; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rule of the road
- Old TRIS Terms: Chart navigation; Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Motorboat operator)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Law; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Young Memorial Vocational Technical School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM