MASTERS AND MATES OF VESSELS LIMITED TO THE MINERAL AND OIL INDUSTRY - BOOK IV
This manual uses the question and essay type answer format in covering the following subjects; cargo stowage and handling, stability and basic deck cargo stowage, instruments and accessories (including loran and radar) and the use of tide and current tables. The last 65 pages provide numerous sample problems and answers to develop the student's proficiency in chart work and chart navigation as well as solving tide and current problems. Pictures and sketches of the various instruments are used to clarify and illustrate the explanation in the text.
Marine Education Associates, Incorporated802 West Main Street
Houma, LA United States 70360
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 234 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Navigation charts; Navigation devices; Ocean currents; Ship crews; Stowage; Tides; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo stowage; Chart navigation; Crew training (Deck); Instruments and accessories; Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Cargo); Training courses (Navigation equipment); Training courses (Tides/currents)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138657
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Young Memorial Vocational Technical School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM