ABLE SEAMAN--ALL GRADES
The manual is designed to provide the necessary information for persons with the required sea time to obtain their Able Seaman's (AB) certificate. The manual is divided into nine chapters. The first three (3) are devoted to Rules of the Road (General, Inland and International) consisting of 280 questions, answers, and diagrams illustrating the required lights and shapes. (4) Deals with nautical terms and definitions, basic compass work and marlinspike seamanship and includes 271 questions and answers. (5) Firefighting, 69 questions and answers. (6) First Aid, 86 questions and answers. (7) Lifeboats, 109 questions and answers including illustrations of the typical rigging and list of equipment required to be carried. (8) Liferafts, 23 questions and answers on maintenance, handling and use as well as illustrations. (9) Distress Signals, 24 questions and answers.
Marine Education Associates, Incorporated802 West Main Street
Houma, LA USA 70360
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 198 p.
- TRT Terms: Life rafts; Lifeboats; Merchant seamen; Rescue equipment; Ship crews; Traffic regulations; Training; Training programs
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rule of the road
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Law; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138654
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Young Memorial Vocational Technical School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM