This course was developed and designed solely to prepare the mariner to demonstrate his qualifications on the U.S. Coast Guard examination for an endorsement as a "Radar Observer." The authors have gathered their information from many different sources: H.O. Pub. No. 257, C6-101, C6-191, H.O. Pub. No. 9, H.O. Pub. No. 220, Radar Instruction Handbook (Maritime Administration), information from former students, as well as a combined total of over 50 years many different sources: H.O. Pub No. 257, CG-101, CG-191, to explain all the theoretical and technical aspects of radar. However it is felt that the basic theory and operational procedures required are more than adequately covered in order to prepare the candidate for his examination.
Marine Education Associates, Incorporated802 West Main Street
Houma, LA USA 70360
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Radar operators; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Radar observer)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138653
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Young Memorial Vocational Technical School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM