This manual is designed to limit the scope of the study necessary for the candidate to obtain his Tankerman's certificate. It is comprised of material taken from CG-174, "A Manual for the Safe Handling of Inflammable and Combustible Liquids"; CG-191, "Rules and Regulations for Licensing and Certificating Merchant Marine Personnel"; CG-123, "Rules and Regulations for Tank Vessels"; CG-101, "Specimen Examinations for Merchant Marine Deck Officer"; material offered by successful candidates who have taken the examination, and material offered by advising agencies. It is the goal of this publication to group all the needed material under one cover in order for the student to study one source that will enable him to obtain his Tankerman's certificate.
Marine Education Associates, Incorporated802 West Main Street
Houma, LA United States 70360
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 252 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Fire fighting; Marine safety; Oils; Ship crews; Tankers; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk oil handling; Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Tanker safety; Training courses (Tankerman)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138652
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Young Memorial Vocational Technical School
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM