SEA PROJECT FOR SECOND SAILING PERIOD (DUAL LICENSE)
This project is a continuation of the "first sailing period" project but covering more advanced subject matter and with modifications to the deck section. The subjects covered are (1) seamanship (2) navigation (3) cargo (4) Rules of the Road (5) naval architecture - ship construction (6) weather (7) marine engineering (8) refrigeration (9) electrical engineering (10) diesel engineering (11) pertinent data sheets (two sets) (12) automated vessels (13) heat balance (14) machine shop (15) Department of Humanities program (16) labor relations and (17) a medical questionnaire. Note: No list of references or reading material is provided.
United States Merchant Marine AcademySea Project Control Office
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Electricity; Machining; Meteorology; Navigation; Pilotage; Refrigeration; Ship crews; Shipbuilding; Training; Training programs
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rule of the road
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Cargo); Training courses (Diesel); Training courses (Electrician); Training courses (Machinist); Training courses (Meteorology); Training courses (Navigation); Training courses (Ship construction)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM