SEA PROJECT FOR FIRST SAILING PERIOD (DUAL LICENSE)
This project differs from the separate deck and engine programs as it is part of the program designed to train a ship's officer to be licensed as BOTH an engineer and a mate. It basically combines the "first sailing period" project for deck and engine and consists of the following topics (1) marine engineering systems (2) marine engineering operations (3) diesel engineering (4) electrical engineering (5) seamanship (6) navigation (7) cargo (8) Rules of the Road (9) ship constructions (10) weather (11) ship's business (12) humanities program and (13) a medical guestionnaire. A list of recommended references is included.
United States Merchant Marine AcademySea Project Control Office
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Electricity; Meteorology; Pilotage; Ship crews; Shipbuilding; Training; Training programs
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rule of the road
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Cargo); Training courses (Diesel); Training courses (Electrician); Training courses (Meteorology); Training courses (Ship construction)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138649
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM