SEA PROJECT FOR SECOND SAILING PERIOD - (DECK)
This project is a continuation of the "first sailing period" sea project which provides the deck officer trainee the opportunity to use the ship as a floating laboratory. The course covers more advanced material in the same subject areas as the first sailing period project, namely (1) seamanship (2) navigation (3) cargo operations (4) collision prevention (5) naval architecture/ship construction (6) weather (7) humanities (8) labor relations. NOTE: no list of the applicable study text or reading material is included.
United States Merchant Marine AcademySea Project Control Office
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Celestial navigation; Meteorology; Pilotage; Ship crews; Shipbuilding; Training; Training programs
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rule of the road
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Navigation courses; Training courses (Cargo); Training courses (Celestial navigation); Training courses (Meteorology); Training courses (Ship construction)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138646
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM