SEA PROJECT FOR FIRST SAILING PERIOD - (DECK)
The project is designed and intended to be completed aboard ship, using the ship as a floating laboratory combining theoretical knowledge with practical experience. The project consists of questions requiring essay type answers dealing with (1) seamanship (2) navigation (3) cargo (4) Rules of the Road (5) ship construction (6) marine engineering (7) weather (8) shipboard business administration (9) humanities project (10) medical questionnaire. NOTE: no list of the applicable study text or reading material is included.
United States Merchant Marine AcademySea Project Control Office
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Celestial navigation; Meteorology; Pilotage; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rule of the road
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Cargo); Training courses (Celestial navigation); Training courses (Meteorology)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM