SELF STUDY/COURSES FOR SAILING CADETS
This loose-leaf book contains course outlines of study for both deck and engine cadets during their second and third years. It covers (1) history of western civilization, ship maintenance, navigation, cargo handling gear, firefighting equipment, life saving equipment, ground tackle, steering gear, towlines and (2) marine boilers, condensers, fuel and lube oil systems, auxiliary steam systems, control devices, maintenance, bunkering, refrigeration, diesel, electrical and steering systems. A course in American Government is part of the project. A list of text books and reference materials is included.
Northwestern Michigan CollegeTraverse City, MI United States 49684
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: Engineering; Engineering personnel; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Assistant engineer); Training courses (Deck officers great lakes); Training courses (General engineering)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138640
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern Michigan College
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM